Remember last week when I said we follow a Paleo-ish diet. Well… you are just going to have to trust me on that one, because based on the food I have been sharing lately that couldn’t be further from the truth.
But you guys, look at this.
Pulled pork, melted cheese, jalapenos and french fries! How could I not share this one. With college football season knocking at the door I wanted to get this recipe up so you can enjoy this heavenly combination of nachos meets cheese fries every Saturday this fall.
There is a local BBQ place that serves up a “Killer Fry Melt” as an appetizer. It is so good. I have been known to order it for dinner a time or two. I made 15lbs of pulled pork for Hadley’s birthday party and still had plenty leftover after the party. I needed a way to use it up. I finally decided to make that killer fry melt at home. And it was delicious!
- 1 - 22oz bag waffle cut fries
- 1½ cups pulled pork
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 - 13oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz colby jack cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream, for serving
- Cook fries in oven according to package directions. Season with salt and pepper. While fries are cooking fries are cooking saute onion on medium low heat, until carmelized about 15 minutes. Add jalapeno and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Mix together pulled pork and BBQ sauce.
- Remove fries from oven, turn temperature down to 350 degrees and top with pulled pork, black beans, onions, and jalapeno slices. Cover with cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with sour cream.