I am struggling to find a blogging rhythm. I think this is fairly evident by the lack of posts you see, but am loving sharing real life on Instagram. My pictures aren’t perfectly curated. They are a snapshot of our daily life, the foods we are eating, and hopefully a little inspiration to keep you on the healthy path.
While I would love to be sharing more recipes I just can’t find the motivation to do it. So until that day comes I’ll keep on posting on my un-regular schedule.
We tried Hello Fresh meal service last week. I totally love the idea for anyone stuck in a rut or those that don’t love menu planning and grocery shopping. But after just a week I realized it’s not for us, because I love menu planning, grocery shopping and cooking new recipes weekly. I also love leftovers. I am happy to report that the meals were from the fridge to table in 35 minutes or less and the food was great. I discovered some new things to feed my kids that I wouldn’t have even thought to try beforehand. After our three meals were done however I was happy to get back to menu planning for myself. Our breakfasts and lunches really were a struggle (as I sit here eating leftover zoodles with chorizo sauce).
I recently stocked up on chorizo and came across a recipe for chorizo tomato sauce. Brilliant I tell you! I had to make my own version. I love the depth of flavor the chorizo added rather than just using ground beef in a sauce. It was so simple and a one pot meal.
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 1 large portobello mushroom, diced
- 1 lb mild chorizo (or hot, if you are feeling spicy)
- 14oz crushed tomatoes
- 14oz fire roasted tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large zucchini
- In a large skillet brown onions, mushrooms, and chorizo until chorizo is cooked through and onions and mushrooms are soft. Drain off grease.
- Add tomatoes, garlic powder, oregano, and salt and pepper. Simmer 5-7 minutes.
- While simmering spiralize your zucchini. Add to the skillet and stir to combine. Let zucchini cook down and release some of its water to thin out the sauce. This shoulld take about 5 minutes. Toss everything together and serve.